[Dixielandjazz] RE: St. Phillip Street Brkdn

tito martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Mon Sep 1 00:37:30 PDT 2003

Butch Thompson stated correctly:

<<<< St Phillip St Breakdown...  It's in B flat.>>>

Butch,
In 1989 I was at the Breda Old Jazz Festival in Holland; there I jammed
with the Porteña Jazz Band from Buenos Aires and with the Uralsky
Dixielanders from Russia. After that, the Mangement put together a
Quartet to play with me in a specially scheduled afternoon session. I
ask you:
Wasn't you at the piano? And if yes, who were the others? Didn't we play
that tune (in Bb of course)? Naturally I should remember! But I was in
such a bliss and happiness, so overwhelmed that even didn't made the
practical professional contacts or reckon the day!
Pardon me if I'm wrong.
Cheers,
Tito

---