[Dixielandjazz] cornets?

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Fri Oct 31 21:06:40 PST 2003

Greetings,

Our band has recently gone through a personnel change -  we have a new
cornet player. However, our new cornet player plays trumpet. Fortunately,
he's willing to give a cornet a try but is looking for advice on which
cornet to shop for. If anyone has any ideas, advice, suggestions, etc. on
how to shop for a good cornet, please reply. I'm interested in recommended
brands, models, etc. as well as criteria (if any). I don't mean to stir up
the ole "cornet vs trumpet" debate. Just looking for some help getting our
new guy feeling comfortable with our heavily "New Orleans" style influenced
group. Thanks in advance.

Dave
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"