[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ted Lewis & Woody Herman

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:50:14 PST 2003

On the subject of put-downs by band members, hows this: Stan Kenton was
giving a pep-talk to the band before a concert, saying "Tonight, I want it
to be really special! I want this band to do things it's never done before!"
To which an anonymous voice from the trombones replied "Like swing, for
instance?"

Any more out there?

MikeD