[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen's playing.

glen page gpage at direct.ca
Thu Oct 30 15:38:46 PST 2003

To all who expressed interest in the above topic.

I concur with the comments re. "Wild Man Blues". I was very disappointed in
the movie.

For those who wish to hear some great N.O. style jazz with Woody up front
try to get hold of"The Bunk Project" cd issued on the Music Masters Jazz
label. I think the # is 65098-2.

There is some very good music, IMHO, on that recording. The six variant
groups all have a nucleus of Woody's band but with some additional people
who will be well known to many of our readers.Amongst them are Danny
Barrett, Peter Ecklund, John Gill,etc etc.

Strongly recommended.

Cheers, Glen