[Dixielandjazz] Frozen rear ends

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:04:52 PST 2003

Mike Durham writes:

>. . .  here in Newcastle, England we are very poor and backwards compared
>to you Yanks. We have warm beer and cold houses. In fact, in our house, the
>only means of heating is a candle. We all sit around and look at it, and if
>it gets REALLY cold, we light it.

Luxury!

You think that's cold! Well here in the High Sierra Mountains, when a cold
snap sets in, things freeze instantly!  I had a pot of coffee boiling on my
campfire the other day when a cold snap hit and the coffee froze instantly!
Not only that, the ice was boiling hot!  It froze so fast it didn't even
have time to cool off!

Bill "And That's The Trooth" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com