[Dixielandjazz] "Wild women don't have the blues"

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 25 12:32:26 PDT 2003

Sue Keller sings this song (with minor changes) in her CD titled "Wild Women
Don't Have the Blues" 2001.  A midi version of it can be heard here:
http://www.rtpress.com/mid/wild/wildw_sk.mid

More info about Sue Keller can be found at:
http://www.rtpress.com/

Here's the notes about this CD concerning Wild Women:

Along with Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey, Ida Cox, who wrote Wild Women, was one
of the top female blues performers of the 1920's, and the only one of the bunch
to write most of her own material, produce her own stage shows, and manage her
own touring company.  She was also known to have recorded using a variety of
pseudonyms including Kate Lewis, Velma Bradley, Julia Powers.

--- "David W. Littlefield" <dwlit at cpcug.org> wrote:
> I want to put "Wild women don't have the blues" in one of my new fake
> books. It's not in Anderson.
>

> It's a rockin' tune any trad vocalist ought to learn--moderate
> shuffle/boogie beat.
>
> Wild Women Don't Have the Blues
>
> 1. I hear these women talkin' `bout their    monkey men,//
>     `bout their no good husbands and their    travellin' friends.//
> Those poor women sit around/   all day long,/
>     wond'ring why their wand'rin' pappas   don't come home, but
> Wild women don't worry,   wild women don't have the   blues.///   ////.
>
> 2. Now if you've got a man don't ever be   on the square,/
>     `cause if you do he'll have a woman   everywhere./
> I never was known to treat no   one man right,/
>     I keep him working hard for me    day and night, `cause
> wild women don't worry, wild women don't have the blues.
>
> 3. I've got a disposition and a    way of my own,
>     My man starts kickin', I make him   find another home.
> I get full of boot likker, walk the   streets at night,/
>     go home and throw my man out if he   don't act right, `cause
> wild women don't worry,   wild women don't have the   blues.///   ////
>
> 4.  You never get nothin' by bein' an   angel child,/
>    You better change your ways and get   real/ wild./
> I'm gonna tell you somethin', ain't gonna   tell you no lie,
>     wild women are the only kind who   really get by, `cause
> wild women don't worry,   wild women don't have the   blues.///    ////
>
> (Fem. vocal key)
> F...   ....   ....   F7...
> Bb7...   ....   F...   D7...
> G7...   C7...   F...   ....
> --Sheik
> David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
> Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
> http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
> http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
> eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org

=====