[Dixielandjazz] Rod Stewart Attacks American Music/ Charged with Murdering it!

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri Oct 24 19:45:11 PDT 2003

At 01:59 PM 10/24/2003 -0400, TCASHWIGG at aol.com wrote:
>Not OKOM the way Rod Stewart warbles it, but thought you might be interested
>in my take on the dude and his latest atrocity against American
Music...Quick >before it becomes an epidemic.

>...He has done a
>Great disservice to American Songwriters and American Music

I heard just enough of one cut to decide not to buy either volume.

He may have committed an *aesthetic* attrocity, but before you burn 'em,
make a list of what's on each CD and get lead sheets so you can respond to
requests for them. Personally the performances may make me barf, but as
long as the melodies are basically there, I'll be happy he revived them for
the mASSES, and glad to play 'em at next year's weddings...

--Sheik