[Dixielandjazz] Rod Stewart Attacks American Music/ Charged with Murdering it!

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 14:59:57 PDT 2003

Hi folks;

Not OKOM the way Rod Stewart warbles it, but thought you might be interested
in my take on the dude and his latest atrocity against American Music.  And I
actually like the guy in his own element and with songs which suit him and his
unique but somewhat irritating voice.
 I received the following advertisement in my business mailbox this morning
and could not hold back replying to them.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

ROD STEWART
As Time Goes By...   The Great American Songbook Vol. II is IN STORES NOW!
Click BELOW for details!
http://www.rodstewart.com/ecard/

We heard him and saw him trying to sing them live on TV, Quick Burn them
before it becomes an epidemic.

The only sound I could think of that would be worse would be a duet with Rod
Stewart and Pia Isadora on these recordings.   But I would certainly not put
my name on it as a Producer.

They SUCK BIG TIME, Just goes to show you that a Star can sell anything on
his name, even if it is awful, which Rod's new CDs are.   Tell him to go back to
Rock and Roll which he does well, a Crooner he will never be.   He has done a
Great disservice to American Songwriters and American Music with this
project.   You folks should be ashamed of yourselves for unleashing this crap on the
public, and I am sure you are, all the way to the bank.  :)

Now where did I store that old Vocal eliminator machine? Time to break it out
again, this project shows clearly why the machine was actually invented.

I am buying up all of them I can find.   Won't make as much money as you will
on the bad recordings, but I should be able to retire on the resale of them
to the real musicians and singers I work with.

Better yet lend us your masters minus the vocal tracks and we will put a real
singer capable of doing the songs justice on them, record labels and
producers like you folks are ruining the music industry, ever think of getting a real
job?   Why don't you have Rod do Rap and Hip Hop records, and corner the
market?

Not Entertainingly yours,

Tom Wiggins
Director/Producer
Ambassadors of American Culture
Representing "Real" Quality American Entertainment