[Dixielandjazz] Re: Doctor Jazz

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 23 18:13:47 PDT 2003

Dear Anton,
So far as I know the Charles Remue and his New Stompers Orchestra sides have not appeared on CD.
Yet.
And yes, Brian Towers. The short verse is there, but no vocal.
They had obviously heard the JRM version for the tpt man plays the long clt notes.
Unless they are on the Melrose sheet music arrangement.
Oh dear.
I am definitely not concentrating today!
(My mind is on a new 2CD project featuring the Memphis recordings (and unissued tests) of The
Southern Jazz Group due out in December)
I completely forgot Woody Herman's version of "Doctor Jazz" made for Decca on 26 April 1937.
With verse and chorus sung by Woody.
I knew I had the words of the verse somewhere!
Kind regards,
Bill.