[Dixielandjazz] Cell Block 7

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 16:20:43 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/21/03 11:59:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jude at judyeames.co.uk writes:

> I think others have covered proceedings pretty well, but there is a
> postcript;  the bar was run by our village publican who claims that the
> evening opened his eyes.  He came expecting to be bored , instead it was the
> liveliest evening he'd ever seen in our village hall.  As a result, he's
> putting a CB7 CD and our own Kaminsky one on his jukebox and he's going to
> try putting jazz on in the pub. Apparently his most played artist last month
> wasFrank Sinatra so we'll probably end up spending a fortune to make it on
> the Aston charts.
>
> We'll let you know how we get on :-)
>
> Jude

Way to go Judy & Tony congratulations on a successful event.  And for Bob
Romans and his prisoners for traveling and performing to a captive audience.

Every time somebody does this it adds to the marketplace, See folks you can
recruit club and Pub owners to OKOM participation, but indeed it is a lot of
hard work, however if we don't do it who the heck else will.

PS They won't play it if it ain't on the jukebox, or at the radio station, so
ya gotta leave no stone unturned to get the job done.  Refuse to take NO for
an answer, and erase the word can't from your vocabulary.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins