[Dixielandjazz] Cell Block 7

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 20:58:30 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "PJ Ladd" <pj.ladd at btopenworld.com>
To: "John Farrell" <stridepiano at tesco.net>
Cc: "jazz" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Cell Block 7

>> Like you John I did not get the name of the banjo player who played the
duet
> with Kurt Abel but I understand he plays with Pete Allen.

The mystery banjoist was correctly identified by Andy Ling..... Dave
Moorwood who led the first band that I sang with: The Big Bear Stompers,
he was bound  to love CB7 .

I think others have covered proceedings pretty well, but there is a
postcript;  the bar was run by our village publican who claims that the
evening opened his eyes.  He came expecting to be bored , instead it was the
liveliest evening he'd ever seen in our village hall.  As a result, he's
putting a CB7 CD and our own Kaminsky one on his jukebox and he's going to
try putting jazz on in the pub. Apparently his most played artist last month
wasFrank Sinatra so we'll probably end up spending a fortune to make it on
the Aston charts.

We'll let you know how we get on :-)

Jude

Kaminsky Connection