[Dixielandjazz] Brett Boyd and Wooster Street Trolley

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 21:31:56 PDT 2003

Brett mentioned Bob Leive and the Wooster Street Trolley Band as one in
which he regularly gigs. Knowing Bob, I now have a pretty good idea of
where Brett gets some of his off beat humor.

Wooster Street Trolley is a fine band, and Leive a fine trumpet player
who really gets involved in humor & music. I worked a couple of Mardi
Gras parties with Bob and he puts together an entire Spike Jones like
act. Also worked with him off and on for years at the Temperence House
in Newtown PA where both of us were frequent sidemen in "The Keystone
Five" led by Derf Nolde. (along with others like Ed Metz Sr., Al Rae,
Randy Reinhart, Al Harrison, Alex Watkins, Pete Pepke, DeWitt Kaye, Tony
DiNicola, Clarence Watson, Hennig Hoehne, Orange Kellin, Dan Levinson,
Kenny Davern, Joe Gibilisco, George Rabbai and a host of others who
passed through those hallowed portals before it closed)

Last played with Bob Leive a year ago in Easton PA at the Pomfret Club
which Barbone Street sold out well in advance. Hired Bob to sub for our
regular trumpet guy who couldn't make it.

OK Brett, I hear you ;-). Say hello to Bob Leive for me and ask him to
teach you the "call to post" on that long "hunting" horn of his. (But
stay away from all those funny hats).

Cheers,
Steve Barbone