[Dixielandjazz] Re: Grover Mitchell and the Count Basie Orchestra - a review

Marcus Girvan girvan at mac.com
Tue Oct 21 19:36:50 PDT 2003

There is something of an anomaly here as I understood that Basie
disbanded in the late forties and was playing solo piano until Freddie
Green came and sat down and told him he wasn't going anywhere without
him. I am not well up on Basie and can't remember where I read this.
Can someone confirm or rebut?

Marcus