[Dixielandjazz] Stan Reames

jreames at rexelusa.com jreames at rexelusa.com
Mon Oct 20 18:16:37 PDT 2003

To those who may have an interest or knew my father Stan Reames, either =
by his band days and his marriage to Janet Leigh, or to those who knew =
him in his later years when he found his true love, horses, I am sad to =
make such a belated announcement that my father passed away on October =
17, 1985 in Jackson, Mississippi.  He raised 3 children of which I'm the =
oldest.  He was a wonderful father with a suave demeanor that never =
failed him his entire life.  After his big band days, he never again was =
involved in the music industry.  I have virtually no memory of him ever =
playing his trombone that we moved from house to house anyway.  He got =
involved in Tennesee Walking Horses back in the 60's and really never =
looked back.  He and the family owned an Arabian stallion that he =
promoted around the Mid-South area of Memphis, TN for the purpose of =
raising money for the St Jude Hospital for Children.  One of the =
children took a special interest in the horse and my father featured =
them together while the child was able to get around.  It was truly a =
sad day when this child passed away.  Strangely enough, shortly after =
the child died, the horse also died of a rare disease even though he was =
still relatively young.  This was the way of my father=85.he would think =
of others before himself.

     My father was a very private man and I know little of his days =
before he married my mother, but from what little I've come to know,     =
                       he must have been thought of with esteem.  Thank =
you to those with whom I have exchanged conversation for your heart felt =
compassion.  He truly was a very unique individual=85.and a hell of a =
good horseman.

Jess Stanley Reames