[Dixielandjazz] Re: Mr. Five Foot Two

david_haupt at agilent.com david_haupt at agilent.com
Sun Oct 19 22:43:28 PDT 2003

DJML listmates,

I'd like to echo Nancy's observations.  We have a golden opportunity in front of us to help nurture what appears to be a potentially bright talent into jazz.

At his age, his sense of humor is going to be mainly derived from that of peers in his age group and will be undoubtely foreign to most of us.  Gosh, when I think of some of the horrible humour I had when I was 17, this one posting from Brett seems pretty innocuous.  He has now apologized.  As assistant moderator, I accept his apology, with an expectation that he will observe our wonderful community's sense of humor, and work his way into it.

I'd like to declare the issue closed.  If our honorable list owner, Bob Ringwald, feels the need to say anything more about it, he will do so when he returns from his present gig in Idaho.

Best to all,

Dave Haupt
DJML Assistant Moderator