[Dixielandjazz] Re: Royalties

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Sat Oct 18 11:14:27 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Barbone" <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Royalties

> How about the rest of the band leaders out there. Do you share CD revenue
with your sidemen?

> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

This six of us Creole Band members all equally split the production cost of
our CDs so, naturally, all income from CDs is split equally. Every time we
sell a CD I enter it in a spreadsheet which keeps a total of how many we've
sold, how much the band members are owed, how much the band members have
been paid, etc. When the guys are owed $40-$50 apiece, I write everybody a
check. We sell CDs for $15, mailed or not. When we produced our most recent
CD, we ordered 1,000 of them. They're selling better than any other CD we've
ever recorded. At the current rate of sales, our supply will be exhausted
around the year 2035.

Hey, we're having fun though.

Dave
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band