[Dixielandjazz] splitting the pie

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Fri Oct 17 23:55:08 PDT 2003

How about the rest of the band leaders out there. Do you share CD
revenue with your sidemen?  Cheers,  Steve Barbone

No leader, no sidemen in our band.  We split the pie even:  pay, CD
sales, taxes.....
Been going on for 35 yrs now, and the even split is why!  Alright, so I
do a bit more than the others:  handle bookings, do the invoices, etc.,
but I like it, and am the only one with a bit of business sense.
Besides, I get what I want out of it, a busy, happy band to play with.

Jim