[Dixielandjazz] George Buck

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Thu Oct 16 19:14:51 PDT 2003

I know George Buck and through a third party, did some business where
George's main concern was about collecting names of musician and/or their
relatives so that proper royalties could be paid.  He's truly a great man
living in a rip-off world.

My name is associated with AVID Records near London because of some
remastering I did for them years ago.  In the UK, performances  become
public domain after 50 years.  How ever, due to different performace rights
laws in the US, you can be arrested, fined and jailed by selling the same
CDs in the US that are perfectly legal to sell in Europe.

I know.  I almost got sent to jail just for trying to sell a handful of my
own AVID CDs on the internet.

I won't quote the RIAA's response to my website.  Sufficient it to say, they
threatened to have the FBI raid my home and much more.  For those of you who
wondered what ever happened to my Mono to Stereo invention -  after 4 years
of litigation, I no longer had sufficient funds to operate the corporation.
Everybody made money on my inventions except me.  The Enron model, in
reverse.  Having cleaned up my act these days, all I can do is scream "OH
HECK!!!" and that doesn't feel good or sufficient at all!

Dick Broadie