[Dixielandjazz] George Buck

Jim Beebe jbeebe at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 16 12:36:42 PDT 2003

<< if you think for one minute that some copyright
owner will be looking or ever hear of the CDs being offered by Bud then my
friend
you are sadly mis informed >>

Sorry Tom, In this case you may be wrong. The copyright of all the Jazzology
LPs are owned by George Buck and he gets very shirty if someone rips off his
material particularly as he has issued on CD at least one of the LPs that Bud
has copied and it makes me mad when people rip off the independant companies
like GHB who at least try to make these recordings available to the collectors
and operate on a rather fine shoe string.

I must concur here with Jerry. Ripping off George Buck is out of bounds.  He is one of the good guys.  George is a true patron of the Arts and has kept Jazzology alive without making a dime from it.  He has a mission and he believes in it.

I  talked with George a few years ago when he had just returned from Europe. He was totally disheartened.  He had been bothered for years in not being able to sell much in Europe.  He finally got over there and discovered that much of what was being sold was pirated.  I believe that he came close to discontinuing his recording activity.

We must support George Buck and others.

Jim Beebe