[Dixielandjazz] Sitting In / learning

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 17:32:02 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/14/03 1:22:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
richard.broadie at gte.net writes:

> I know the above mentioned clubs and likely others are still in existence
> in
> the So. Cal area.  I know there are many such clubs elsewhere that encourage
> jam sessions for learning and fun.  Perhaps this is where we should take the
> above thread in our discussions.

Absolutely Dick:

That is where they really belong, at Musician functions, and related
functions which are the general purported purposes of most Jazz Societies,  not in
commercial paying gig situations where the audience and proprietor's are
expecting top quality professional entertainment form the paid act.

The exception of course is always the known Hot player that is a friend of
the band. or a legitimate Star player that would like to do a couple of numbers
with the act.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins