[Dixielandjazz] Jazz funeral

Diz Swift dizswift at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 14 21:54:47 PDT 2003

	I have just returned from the funeral of a dear and gentle man
who was a great fan of New Orleans Jazz - Harry Aldous.  Jazz funerals
are unusual in England but this one was a wonderful gathering of friends
and family. The band that he played with on occasion - Redbeans 'n' Rice
- lead the coffin to the chapel and played during the service and then
afterwards as the friends and family danced with decorated brollies.  So
many musicians came and so many played afterwards when everyone repaired
to the Green Man pub. As more than one person said "Harry would have
enjoyed this".

	And I met Brian Wood - of this list - for the first time.

Smiles,
Diz