[Dixielandjazz] JAZZ GOES TO COLLEGE?

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 13:54:25 PDT 2003

Is there a "College Circuit" out there in the USA for OKOM? Barbone
Street is in process of possibly booking a jazz concert, Spring 2004, at
at well known University some 500 miles from our home base in
Philadelphia. Anybody else finding Collegiate interest in Dixieland? Is
this deja vu all over again? Man did we love these in the 1950s. Any
info will be appreciated.

We do perform at Universities locally in the Philadelphia area but
thought it was a regional thing built by our local club performance
reputation. (have played at U of Pennsylvania, West Chester U,
Swarthmore, Drexel, Univ of Delaware etc)

Should we dust off our arrangement of "Doin The Raccoon". ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone