[Dixielandjazz]The Swing Years

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 05:05:32 PDT 2003

I just have to tell somebody about this.  Remember those "Collector's
Edition" mega-albums that Reader's Digest used to put out back in the '50's and
'60's?  I just picked
up on today titled "The Swing Years" which is "Original performances by 24
top bands playing 72 top tunes (1936-1946), including "Glenn Miller, Tommy
Dorsey, Guy Lombardo, Benny Goodman, Wayne King, Artie Shaw, Duke Ellington, Sammy
Kaye, Freddy Martin, Hal Kemp...and many more."  I picked it up at a resale
shop in Gary, Indiana.  When I got home and looked at it more carefully, I found
that it appeared
brand new.  Sorry, I'm too sleepy to continue.
best wishes to all
boblynn