[Dixielandjazz] Re: Charquet & Co.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 7 21:15:55 PDT 2003

Dear Gerard,
I have an LP (SFP 53.004) 'Ragtime & Washboard Bands'.
face A: Martine Morel, piano solo. [5 Ragtime tunes].
face B: Morel-Atlan Washboard Trio. {4 tunes].
plus Teddy Hocquemiller & Professor Walkerly Washbord Four [2 tunes].
Recorded about 1970.
Playing it now.
Any relation to Jean-Pierre "Charquet" Morel?
I have written here before regarding the surprise Paris Washboard visit to Australia some years ago
and my long correspondence/tape exchanges with (the great) pianist Louis Mazetier.
In fact we (Jess and I) organised a weekend from London to Paris to get together again with Paris
Washboard.
It was fouled up and we did not make it.
Just as well. They had a job in Belgium!
Kind regards,
Bill.