[Dixielandjazz] Another PA system nightmare

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Oct 2 14:57:05 PDT 2003

At 11:18 PM 10/2/2003 +1000, jazzfact wrote:
>Elazar asked
>"What I am considering is finding a small self-contained amp/speaker about
>the size of a ghetto blaster with 2 or 3 inputs for vocals and maybe for
>banjo. But those are also rather expensive, or at least they are here. I
>have used my portable stereo for this purpose with 1 mike and it worked OK,
>but even there we had problems."

There's the "Mini Mouse" with one input, and the "Maxi Mouse" with 2 inputs
each with it's one tone and volume control. I have a couple of the latter.
They're good for about 4 hours, perhaps more, depending on how many inputs
are used and how loud they're turned up. Expensive, yes--I paid just under
$500 each some years ago.

I think there's another besides the Fender "Amp Can", maybe "Crate"
something? And a couple of years ago I saw another but don't have any info.

--Sheik