[Dixielandjazz] Another PA system nightmare

jazzfact jazzfact at ozemail.com.au
Fri Oct 3 00:18:29 PDT 2003

Elazar asked
"What I am considering is finding a small self-contained amp/speaker =
about
the size of a ghetto blaster with 2 or 3 inputs for vocals and maybe for
banjo. But those are also rather expensive, or at least they are here. I
have used my portable stereo for this purpose with 1 mike and it worked =
OK,
but even there we had problems."=20

I too much prefer a unamplified sound(one of the reasons we don't use a
drummer). We had at one stage a gig in an 80 seater restaurant. The =
closest
diners could share their food and wine easily with us. It was the best =
gig
and we played there 3 nights a week for over a year. Beautiful food and =
wine
after each show and full of visitors making it easy to sell a CD or two! =
All
the band learned to play softly yet still tried to swing, even there, we
used our little pa with just one speaker for vocals . There are some =
battery
powered jobs that could be just the thing to suit Elazar with his walk
around and outdoor gigs, can anyone on the list make a recommendation?   =

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net

---