[Dixielandjazz] Ain't Technology Wonderful?

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 12:44:22 PDT 2003

Barbone Street did two concerts yesterday at Longwood Gardens, a 1000
acre arboretum in Kennett Square PA. (Used to be a Du Pont Estate).
Part of their "Senior Day" program, reduced admission rates etc. (only
$10). We had a full house at both concerts, 335 seats and some standees.

During the programs, a gentlemen asked if he could take pictures and
record us. I said sure.

At the end of the program he handed me a floppy disc and took our
brochure with our e mail address.

Played the floppy last night. Three still jpg photos and then a video of
the band playing. Surprisingly good fidelity.

Then he sent me a couple of MPGs (whatever the hell they are) of the
band. They are about 1830 K and are video/audio. An 1830 K segment is
one chorus of "I Want A Little Girl"

They opened for me on "Quicktime Player with Quicktime Translation", but
might also open on Simple Sound or Simple Text with Quicktime
translation and/or other software.

Amazing to me. at least. How long will it be until you can sell folks a
DVD of a live performance at the end of that performance?

Cheers,
Steve

PS. If you want to see what I mean, write me off list and I'll forward
the video of "I Want A Little Girl" shot yesterday.  Have 2 choruses,
one instrumental (1830K) and one vocal (1830K).