[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rifle Rangers/1919 Rag

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 27 20:57:20 PST 2003

     So nobody believes the information i posted on Nov. 24th?  Turk
even talks about it on the recording, and about how hard the original
French title is to pronounce.
---------------
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:49:35 -0600
To: DJML <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
From: Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: 1919 Rag

Don and DJML--
     I looked through my recordings by Turk and Lu, and found a Turk
Murphy CD called "Jazz Casual--Turk Murphy/Muggsy Spanier" (Koch Jazz
KOC CD-8569, 1995). This was from a 1960's TV show originally
recorded on June 20, 1962.
     The first song is "1919 Rag", and in the liner-notes this is
listed underneath the song: "Michel Jouve-Frank Terran  BMI Woodchuck
Music Inc.". Maybe they are the arrangers, not the composers, who
knows.  This is the only information (other than "Trad. (P. D.)")
i've found.

     Dan