[Dixielandjazz] Re: 1919 Rag

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 24 17:49:35 PST 2003

Don and DJML--
     I looked through my recordings by Turk and Lu, and found a Turk
Murphy CD called "Jazz Casual--Turk Murphy/Muggsy Spanier" (Koch Jazz
KOC CD-8569, 1995). This was from a 1960's TV show originally
recorded on June 20, 1962.
     The first song is "1919 Rag", and in the liner-notes this is
listed underneath the song: "Michel Jouve-Frank Terran  BMI Woodchuck
Music Inc.". Maybe they are the arrangers, not the composers, who
knows.  This is the only information (other than "Trad. (P. D.)")
i've found.

     Dan