[Dixielandjazz] Re: Who wrote them?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 24 09:25:45 PST 2003

Dear Tamas,
This is what I have:
Rhythm Saved The World (1936. Saul Chaplin, music;  Sammy Cahn, lyrics)
The Love Bug Will Bite You (1937. Pinky Tomlin, music & lyrics)
Nobody's Sweetheart (1924. Elmer Schoebel, Ernie Erdman, music; Gus Kahn,
lyrics; Billy Meyers was a vocalist and probably featured the song when it
first came out. Al Jolson had his name added to composer credits for his hit
songs in this way.)
Because My Baby Don't Mean Maybe Now (1928. Walter Donaldson, music &
lyrics)
I have the following Mills Brothers songs on a JSP CD, but there are no
composer credits given.
My file notes differ from your information.
You list:
London Rhythm (Delmore)
Rockin' Chair Swing (Schaeffer)
I have:
London Rhythm (1936. Addison-Williams)
Rockin' Chair Swing (1937. Lopez-Schaffer)
Kind regards,
Bill.