[Dixielandjazz] Re: Five String Banjo

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 02:43:40 PST 2003

Hi Russ - and all,

The 5-string banjo is not often used in dixieland, but there is no law
against it and as for me, personally, I love the 5-string (being a picker
myself) and I beam with joy whenever I encounter on in a band.

You know, the double bell euphonium is not often found in a jazz band
either, but the Cell Block 7 sports three (3!) of them.

The main rule regarding banjos is "Who cares what the rules are!"

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Pickin' and a grinnin'" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com