[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Jazz"

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Nov 23 10:27:32 PST 2003

I believe that Art can exist independently of audience. But once one takes
it public it enters the field of entertainment. One may be satisfied if an
occasional person likes it, and who knows, perhaps in the artist's lifetime
he may find enough fans/buyers to make a living. But if one wants to make a
living at it in a reasonable time, then one must subordinate the muse
sufficiently to grab folks by entertaining or fascinating them in some way.

--Sheik