[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Jazz" was "Applause"

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 16:54:40 PST 2003

Hi Mike (and all),

>But then, Bill, many folks are entertained by game shows and the
>like.....but are such shows 'art' in the commonly accepted sense of the
>word?
>
>Mike "Let's split hairs 'til the cows come home" Durham

Response to "hair splitter Mike":

Are such shows 'art' in the commonly accepted sense of the word? Of course!
Just because some don't appreciate art does not mean the subject is not art.

Classical nude studies - art?

Playboy magazine - art?

Cheers,

Bill "I can't define 'art' but I know it when I see it" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

ps - I think 'art' has something to do with entertaining people.