[Dixielandjazz] I am back

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Nov 22 16:55:20 PST 2003

Dear friends,
I am BACK! (I hope)
As of 11.30 am Friday 21 November.
Then I had to read, digest and delete (many) the almost 1100 messages which
had accumulated since 24 October when the iMac Internet Explorer/Outlook
Express application froze.
As it so happened this was the day my ISP had a nationwide problem with
email, although I can't say that they were responsible.
Except that always when they sneeeze my iMac got a cold.
It took a few days to work out what was wrong. I then took the machine into
Appleworks for them to install a later OS system and to upgrade IE/OE.
However, while there I decided to buy the new eMac 'Combo', a new printer
and a scanner and to get them to transfer my old hard disc files
(fortunately not lost).
What the heck, it's only money!
Two weeks later, when I got it all home - I still could not access my ISP!
More trauma, lots of phone calls and  2 visits from their tech and I was
reconnected on Wednesday19 November.
But still could not send email or access the internet!
I was now  on my own, pressing buttons and worrying myself stupid.
Suddenly it all fell into place on Friday morning, although it seems that I
may have lost some mail between 18-21 November as there is a gap in the 'In'
box summary.
Now I am trying to learn how to drive the new machine with its OSX.2.2 bells
and whistles, plus IE/OE5. I have not even looked at the scanner, apart from
connecting it.
I owe a lot of you replies to queries, so please be patient. I will get back
to you but will not be offended if you send me a reminder.
Jess said that it was interesting to watch my withdrawal symtoms over the
last month.
However, I managed to get some long-over-due filing done.
Jazz content: "Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen".
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: I assume that this is going out in plain text. If not please let me
know.
PPS: I seem to have somehow clicked the spelling button to OFF.
PPPS: Having trouble accessing my old address book, so I hope this gets
through.