[Dixielandjazz] Too loud!

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:16:53 PST 2003

My band does play with just one microphone for vocals/announcements whenever
we can (as we have a brass bass, the dread bass amp does not raise its head)
BUT we carry full PA when 'on the road'. This is because you never know what
acoustic situation awaits you. Most of the time it's fine, but sometimes you
encounter the nightmare function room with low, acoustic-tiled ceiling,
curtains covering two or three walls and thick carpet on the floor.  For
this, we need the full monty of PA , otherwise you blow your lip away in
half an hour. So, horses for courses. But I agree Brian, some bands are
excruciatingly loud, and I just can't understand why.

Mike D.