[Dixielandjazz] Freezing Trumpets

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 01:43:09 PST 2003

Rather than jump into this with both feet as I too often do I shall make one
or two  passing comments and exit gracefully, well a few. got carried away
with the mental images of this test.  Fingers frozen to the valves, lips frozen
to the mouthpiece, icicles on the eyebrows.

P.T. Barnum was absolutely correct, however I think they are now being born a
bit faster than in his day.

How many OKOM Musicians do you know that would give up their axe for 35 to 50
hours and pay a months salary to have it frozen.

Heck most would just shove it in the freezer compartment of thier
refrigerator an hour  or two before the gig, wrap it in aluminum foil and haul ass for
the gig.

I can see them now ten minutes into the first set lips frozen to the
mouthpiece, :)

And Selmer Paid for this study,  Selling my stock tomorrow when the market
opens.

Guys would have to really play some HOT JAZZ to get disconnected from the
mouthpiece, darn, that's worse than a double cold sore and a tooth ache at the
same time.

Good luck, horn players,

Another good reason to switch to being a drummer and non musician.

P.S does it have the same effect on a Fiberglass Sousaphone?

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins