[Dixielandjazz] Re: White Othello

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 11:50:16 PST 2003

Hi Leslie:
It is possible that Sir Anthony did another performance than the one I referenced.  And I know for a fact that my "mind's eye" ain't what it used to be.  As to Stewart,  I think it was in the mid-90's in Washington D.C.
I concur with you on being a big opera fan.  I was a so-so opera buff until the fall of 1978 when I was in East Haddam working with the Goodspeed Opera House on taking Whoopee to Broadway.  Frank Corsaro was the director and we established a friendship that included Frank turning me into a more than so-so fan.  Frank had directed at the Met and various other places and was quite passionate about the music.  It stuck.
Best,
Bill