[Dixielandjazz] Apologies in advance....

Richard Donelan rdone at polaris.net
Mon Nov 17 21:55:35 PST 2003

Rob:

Try joining this group:

There are folks who post there who can point you to a teacher in your
area.  I also highly recommend Bud Waechter's Homespun videos on
learning tenor or plectrum banjo.  You can easily fudge your five
string into a plectrum by removing the fifth string, but you can buy a
decent tenor for a relatively good price.  If you're serious, get the
best quality banjo you can afford;  your fingers and loved ones will
thank you.

Noel Induni's site is Shangri-La for the jazz banjo set:
http://4shelties.com/banjos/.  Noel is list moderator for the
"fourstringbanjo" group mentioned above.

Richard Donelan
Tallahassee