[Dixielandjazz] ODJB

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 17:03:45 PST 2003

 Not sure where this is going, so I'll stop!

> Mike.

Well, I'll tell you where it's going--into the metaphysical question of
where ideas come from. Shakespeare said "There is nothing new under the
sun" and he knew what he was talking about, so we can project from that
that new "ideas" are new combinations of what went before. If you want to
set a good task for your self, try thinking up an entirely new idea.
Psychologist tell us that the more experience we have, the more our
imagination is kindled. So, where does it come from, our imaginations or
our musical muse?

Burt Wilson