[Dixielandjazz] Re: Minstrel Shows

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:36:05 PST 2003

And let's not forget Carlton Coon, he of the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks. Guess
he'd have to change his name today. BTW, my Dad worked for a firm called
Cox, Long & Company. The receptionist used to joke 'Thank heavens Mr Long
isn't the senior partner, or I'd never be able to answer the telephone!'
(this is a true, if unmusical, story).

Mike D.