[Dixielandjazz] Re: Friday night in Schenectady NY

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 16 09:59:11 PST 2003

Had a face to face with list mate Jerry Gordon at our jazz concert in
Schenectady NY last Friday night. The venue was "A Place For Jazz" near Union
College. He accepted our invitation to sit in with Barbone Street on one tune
from each set. He did a marvelous job on "The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives
To Me" and "Fidgety Feet".

He performed with technical brilliance and swung his ass off, much to the
delight and cheers of the audience as well as the band.

His instrument? Washboard, made in Logan Ohio. (eat your heart out Bill
Gunter. ;-)

For jpgs of Jerry at the scene of his triumph, write him at:
<jerrygordon at juno.com>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Schenectady is 300 miles from our home base in Philadelphia and the
farthest we have ever traveled for a gig. ( We do 160 gigs a year locally
without travel) The organizers treated us royally, the audience was simply
superb and we had a great time musically and personally.