[Dixielandjazz] Medical Doctor

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Sat Nov 15 08:06:16 PST 2003

Last night a fine musician/doctor sat in with my band.  He not only inspired
us with his fine playing, but I found a $50.00 in our tip jar shortly after
he left.  He can play with us ANYTIME.

I 'm now busy working on restoration some of Pete Daily's recordings for his
widow, Lois.  Looks like I'm going to be listening to lots of Pete over the
next few weeks or so, a thoroughly enjoyable prospect.  While I knew and
occasionally played with Pete in the 1960s, he was a very close friend of my
dad who also worked with him.  While I'm enjoying this project, I don't have
time to monitor the djml as closely as I would like and from current
threads, wish I could be more active.  Heck, I didn't see one single
discussion on the meaning of OKOM in the few messages I had time to read.
You folks have fun without me for a while.  I'll jump back into the fray as
soon as I can.  Good to see Tom Saunders posting to the list.  Nice start,
Tommy.

Dick B