[Dixielandjazz] Medical Doctor

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Thu Nov 13 13:44:55 PST 2003

The doctors I know who play OKOM do so in large part because in their chosen
profession there is a lot of stress on them and pain and suffering.
Sometimes they can help sometimes they can't.  However, when they play, they
see happy faces, they know instantly that they are having positive effects
on their listeners and they are relieved of stress.   My chosen profession
in a dental research lab is rewarding because of the work I do with
students.  It does not pay well at all.  I play music in part for extra
money.  I'd rather play music, which I enjoy immensely than say, bag
groceries which would also get me extra money but which I would not find a
pleasant activity.

Ron