[Dixielandjazz] A trumpet player's education

Bill Biffle bbiffle at swcp.com
Fri Nov 14 13:38:34 PST 2003

I have "Live At The Mardi Gras" (among others) and agree with you that Hirt
was amazing.  He's just about the best technician I've heard playing
Dixieland.  Can't hope to emulate his range, speed, dexterity or - for that
matter - sound, but it's great fun to listen and fantasize about it.

Bill Biffle