[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Dixieland Jazz Fans - Creole Dixieland Jazz News!

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dave at creolejazz.com
Fri Nov 14 07:03:17 PST 2003

Greetings, all!

This is the occasional newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. (E-mail removal instructions at the bottom of this message.)

For details on all of this news and a whole lot more, visit our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

SUNDAYS at ARRIS' PIZZA
Wow! The usual oustanding, enthusiastic, capacity crowd continues on Sunday nights at Arris'. We have seen quite a few new faces lately as well as many loyal "regualars" to help keep Arris' a fun-filled, swingin' place to be on Sunday night. If you haven't come out for one of Arris' great Greek pizzas, salads, or sandwiches, or if you've never been on Sunday night, please join us soon. We're there every Sunday from 6:30 till 8:30 p.m. Remember to call for a reservation first, 417-881-7260.

MONDAYS at JOEY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
We are thrilled with the response and support we have received since we started playing every Monday at Joey's back in June. The crowds have steadily increased on "Mardi Gras Mondays". Two weeks ago there was a 20-minute wait to get seated! Joey's has the best seafood in town and the word is out. Come find out why for yourself. And Monday isn't the only night for great seafood at Joey's:

Tuesdays - All you can eat Fish & Chips
Wednesday - All you can eat Battered Shrimp
Thursday - All you can eat Catfish
Weekends - Chef's Specials & Oysters on the Half Shell

But Monday night at Joey's is the night for live New Orleans jazz with the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band. We play from 6:00 till 8:00. Give Joey's a call at 417-655-0562.

NEW PHOTOS
If you haven't visited our website in a while, check the new photo pages. Lots of fun stuff there: http://www.CreoleJazz.com

GREAT MUSICIANS
Numerous great players have played with or sat in with the Creole Band lately:

Cornet/trumpet - Mark Brueggemann, Billy Hunt, Lee Smith
Clarinet - Jerry Hoover, Jim Murphy, Dick Turner
Tenor sax - Jim Murphy
Trombone - Red Ormsbee, Chuck Mahaffey
Piano - Harry Beckett
Tuba - Mike Marois
Bass - Ned Wilkinson, Richard Kittleman
Vocals - Bob Bilyeu, Steve Mann, Rudy Stretesky

A complete list of musicians who have played with the band one time or another is on our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

GREAT SONGS
Lately we've played: "Black and Blue", "Baby Won't You Please Come Home", "Hard Hearted Hannah", "Sugar", "Potato Head Blues", "Sweet Georgia Brown", "Bill Bailey", "It Had To Be You", "Darktown Strutters Ball", and lots of other terrific old tunes. Come request your favorites Sundays and Mondays.

The band wishes to thank everyone who continues to come out to Arris' on Sundays and to Joey's on Mondays to support live, traditional, New Orleans jazz in the Ozarks. It is a rare thing when a traditional, New Orleans-style jazz band works this much and we appreciate your help in making it happen.

See you soon.

Dave Gravatt
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
http://www.Syncopation-Enterprises.com
Springfield, Missouri
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republ ic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri, 417-881-7260.

Hear the band EVERY MONDAY night from 6-8 p.m. at Joey's Seafood Restaurant, 1645 W. Republic Rd in front of Remingtons at James River Expressway and Kansas Expressway. 417-655-0562

***You're receiving this because you (or someone pretending to be you) requested to be on the mailing list of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. Or, I know you personally and just thought you'd want to be on the list. Either way, if you DO NOT want to be on our list, just reply and let me know. Thanks.***