[Dixielandjazz] Medical Doctor

Luis Daniel Flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Thu Nov 13 08:29:14 PST 2003

Tom,
Not so this time Tom. Medicine is going business ( managed care they called)
and that means less pay for doctors. We present our fee to a company and
they pay us three months or more later at a reduced fee. We do have doctor
driven taxis here.
You get your pay as soon you finish your show or before..not so in medicine.
There are musicians millionaires or at least earning a lot of money, more
than others professions.
``not every thing that shine is gold ``  dear friend.
We do music for enjoyment. I don't think you enjoy open a brain or a bowel,
or like myself, to be awake at 4 in the morning to attend a complicated
delivery with a death fetus, plus a judiciary battle with lawyers and plenty
of money and emotional losses. If you enjoy this, then is just 8 years of
study plus many more years of practice and  you can do this.
un abrazo de amigo
Luis
I just envy the musical acumen of many of your

---