[Dixielandjazz] Medical Doctor Bands

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 13:31:09 PST 2003

In a message dated 11/12/03 7:22:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Great to see all the Medical Doctors playing jazz in bands. I hope there
> aren't too many jazz musicians playing Doctor in hospitals around the
> world.  ;-) VBG
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

Some of the Doctor Bands and musicians I have encountered played very
clinically,and couldn't swing from a rope. :)   But then again I don't do too well at
Brain Surgery either, :)
Tried it once, at St. James Infirmary, The operation was a terrific success,
alas, but the patient died.  Buried him on the lone prairie.  Doo Be Doo Be
Doo.  :)

Wonder if the good Doctor Bands have found a way to Bill Medicare for their
professional Fees for playing music on the weekends, since they certainly can't
make a living playing Dixieland at the fees most Dixieland Bands claim to
make.

Next time I get a call from a Dentist, to play a gig for him, I am going to
ask him if he can bill my insurance company for my fees which will be enough to
cover several Root Canals.  8>)

Clinically,

Doctor:  Tom -Bob
amateaur gynecologist, professional drummer, flunked out of music school.
Free Breast Exams everyday  ( Ladies Only Please )
Now where did I put that stethoscope?