[Dixielandjazz] Buon Giorno, Ezio.

AAngusallan at aol.com AAngusallan at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 11:58:38 PST 2003

Quite correct on the derivation of Toubib, Sheik.  Down here in the South of
France, the North African influence is very strong.  Many of the words we use
are from Arabic.  Money (what the hell was that?) is la flouse.  The boss is
le caid, anywhere out in the sticks (like where I live) is le bled, and if
something is more or less okay, it's kif-kif.  There is much more, but the
Dixieland list ain't the place for lessons in frenchified Arabic!  Cheers - Angus.
(Or in this case, Angoooze, which is how they pronounce my name down here).