[Dixielandjazz] Fw: echo chamber

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 20:46:28 PST 2003

Hi Listmates...a friend is having a problem with his Internet =
phone...have any of you ever encountered this problem! If so, what did =
you do?
TIA.
Bob Romans

Hi Bob ...=20
Another computer question: :-))=20
Problem:=20
When using the internet phone, I get my own voice feedback thru my desk =
speakers.=20
There is a slight delay and sometimes an echo chamber effect.=20
The person at the other end can sometimes hear it, but usually not.=20
It seems to be just on my speakers. Adjusting the volume on the speakers =
does not=20
eliminate the echo. Naturally, this makes it very difficult to talk.=20
Are there settings in the "Control" and in the "Sounds and Audio" =
settings that need adjusting?=20
I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the speakers, turning the =
computer off, and redialing=20
but the problem remains. I have an XP Pro computer. I am using a Logitec =
earphone.=20
Thanks for ... any ... help.=20
Cliff