[Dixielandjazz] Re: Full Moon Phenomena

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 9 22:15:22 PST 2003

Burt Wilson wrote:

> The reason there is "lunacy" (after "lunar", i.e., full moon) is
> metaphysical.

Do you have proof that there is indeed "lunacy" after a full moon. And that if
so, it is indeed metaphysical? Other than the content of this post, of course?
;-)

> The moon is a corpse, a dead planet. If emits
> reflected--negative--light, not direct light as the sun.

Yes, of course. But then the Earth also only emits reflected light, not direct
light as the sun. Are we then like maggots living on a corpse?

> All this would
> mean nothing except if it were not for the fact that much of earth's
> humanity began their evolution as moon-based monads.

Oh, OK, so it means nothing. That's cool. Also I expect you are referring to
"monads" (above) in the classical Haskellian sense? Haskell in his treatise;
"What The Hell Are Monads", defines a constructor class for Monad as:
>  class Monad m where
>    >>= :: m a -> (a -> m b) -> m b
>    >> :: m a -> m b -> m b
>    return :: a -> m a
>    m >> k = m >>= \_ -> k

Is Haskell's monad the same as a moon based monad?

> When they came to a
> point where they were ready for a higher evolution, they were re-born on
> earth and the moon, without any humanity to provide it any soul energy,
> began to die. When the moon is full, the negative energy it emits hits its
> old inhabitants here on earth and acts as an atavistic force, exerting a
> pull on its previous dwellers. It's a negative pull. And if one is
> susceptible to its influence, it will cause them to do dumb things. Of
> course I don't expect anyone but a trained metaphysician to believe this,
> but that's OK. You asked. If you would like to search this further, go to
> the Theosophy website and enter full moon in their search engine.

Yes, of course, but since some of the earth's humanity did not begin their
evolution as moon based monads, then who and where are they and do we assume
that they are not affected by by the moon's negative energy? You know, like
"Smooth Jazz" musicians?

Is it possible that blondes are monads? They often do dumb things, though it
legend has them being dumb all the time without regard to phases of the moon.
;-)

And finally, is the Yama Yama man a moon based monad? Or just a regular guy
who flatted to many fifths and played too many Pineapple Chords, while dressed
in funny, ill fitting and generally embarrassing costumes?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but they are not answered on that
Theosophy website you mention. And I want the band to be able to play a few
monad songs by the time of the next full moon. Say, maybe "Lonesome Road"
would fit. Anything to pacify the monads before they run amok again.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone